Thursday, October 2, 2014

Chapter 1-1 With the Dawn I am Renewed



“Where am I? What is this place?” Trevor attempted to remember anything other than this moment. He knew his name, Trevor Troll, but not just troll it was Trollsim. He can remember a flash of light and a lush Oasis surrounding a spring. “Well, that can’t be here, there are palms, but I see no spring, or lush grassy area.” Remembering the flash of light brought all his nerves on edge, and he began to take stock of himself to make sure there were no injuries. “Holy Cow, I’m GREEN! Have I always been green?” He can’t remember, but since he doesn’t feel panic at the sight of his green skin, only curiosity, he assumes that he has always been green.

  
"What’s this in my pocket? Hmmm it looks like something I should know.” As he fiddles with it a word comes to mind. Phone. Aside from some clothes it seems to be his only possession. That and a ridiculous looking suit of armor. “Ok I know what a suit of armor is and what a phone is, I wonder if it can tell me anything about me.” He does a quick look at his contacts, nothing, no one in his contacts, no call or text history. Continued searches through his phone reveal a few games, and a notepad application that is blinking.

Welcome Trevor to your Legacy Challenge. You are the founding member of what is hoped to be a strong and successful lineage. You are the first member of a ten generation Legacy. It is hoped that you will find a suitable mate who will help you raise the second generation of your legacy and begin the first stage of your family’s quest. You will find some clothes and a suit of armor in your inventory. I know it seems silly, but this is essentially your coat of arms and must stay in your family's possession at all times. The field you see is your new home, you will also find a deed to it in your inventory. You live in Oasis Springs, and the neighboring town is Willow Creek. Each town has their unique traits and treasures, and you may explore either world as you choose. You will find your bank account information at the end of this note. You will need to quickly assess your finances, and find employment because there is only enough funds to last you a few days. It is imperative that you not disclose your memory loss to anyone, and do not try to seek me out. It could jeopardize your quest and put us all in very grave danger. You will not hear from me again, but I will try to contact each heir of each generation.

Forever your friend, Emit

“Emit….Emit….why does that sound familiar” Trevor strained to think of who Emit was, shadows played across his memories, as well a black emptiness. Snatches of color, sunlight and the sound of water dancing over pebbles were all he could remember. As he stood there staring at his phone a sadness fell upon him at the loss he felt but could not remember. The black emptiness in his memory frightened him. He looked up his finances, shocked at how little he had in cash. “Not much at all.” He found a website for a local furniture store and ordered a few necessities then looked about for any signs of life. 


“Why hello there my very large, and very green friend” Johnny Zest said jokingly as he sauntered up.
Chuckling Trevor replied, “I believe I am well, despite my size and my color. How are you doing this warm day?” 


The two stood and chatted in the middle of the brick road. Johnny was full of town gossip, but quickly made his exit when one of the Caliente’s made an appearance. She was a beautiful woman, but right away Trevor knew she was not right for him. He wanted someone a bit more down to earth, and she screamed gold digger to him. “Ha, I wonder how I know what that is. In fact I think I ‘know’ quite a bit for someone that can’t remember beyond a few moments ago” 


Trevor couldn’t remember her name as she walked away, nor did he remember the other two gals he met. Someone had mentioned a park nearby and Trevor began thinking about fishing. “Fishing, ah that sounds nice, if you ladies will excuse me I think I should check out this park.”


Trevor never made it to the fishing he had planned, he was soon surrounded by many residents of Oasis Springs, and Willow Creek. Some of the gals he met were new to town also. They call themselves the legacy blonds. 


They certainly were pretty, but Trevor wasn’t sure how he felt about them. One of them seemed to really like him. Christie was nice, she stuck around and chatted, introduced him to some of her room mates. He really liked the pink highlights she had in her hair, and she seemed into him, but something about her was just off. 


Molly was a lovely gal too. Trevor thought they all were pretty, but no one really had that something that causes a spark. He still enjoyed the conversation he had with everyone he met. Oasis Springs was starting to feel like home to him. 


Out of the corner of his eye he saw her. She was perfect! She had curves and more curves. It was a good thing someone had just told a great joke, because he could hardly contain his excitement.


He especially loved the waders. "She even fishes!" For the first time that day he felt self-conscious about what he would say. What if he made a bad first impression, would she be kind enough to give him a second chance? Before he finally found the courage to walk over to her and introduce himself, she was gone. 


 One of the legacy blonds that he had been chatting with earlier introduced him to another roommate. He can hardly remember the conversation they had, his mind was on the red-haired mystery woman. “Do you know the gal that fishes here often?” he asked. “Um, no I don’t think I’ve met her yet, I’m rather new to town myself, why?” Feeling guilty for not really giving this gal a chance he lied and said “Well, I’m hoping she would give me a few fishing pointers and lead me to some of the better fishing holes around here.” 


“Oh, yeah, I bet she knows everything about fishing,” she giggled, “her waders are such a fashion don’t. I mean, really, no one would wear that unless they were actually fishing! You won’t catch me wearing anything like that. I wouldn't be caught dead near a slimy fish either!” Seeing a friend over near the grill she excused herself, saving Trevor from thinking up a polite excuse himself. Someone brought him a burger, one of the legacy blonds, probably Molly, she seems to have a motherly nature about her. He was very grateful for the meal and told her so. She told him not to worry, one day he could return the favor and said goodnight. He decided to call it a night as well. A quick trip to the gym to use the facilities rather than exercise and he was back home.  


The fridge, single counter, and the bed he had ordered had been delivered while he was out. His e-mail app was blinking. It was a message from the store, apologizing about just leaving his stuff in the dirt, but with no home on the lot they weren’t sure what else to do. They offered him a discount on his next purchase and recommended a respectable contractor that worked in the area. Trevor sent the manager I reply of thanks, and assured him he would be doing more business with them in the future. Contemplating how natural all of this felt despite his memory loss, he found peace in being outside. He thought of the red haired gal, “I must be crazy, I know nothing about her except that she fishes. She might be mean or evil, or even insane.” But he couldn’t stop thinking about her and sleep soon took him into a dream where she was there fishing by his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment