Thursday, January 1, 2015

1-11 The Troll Prince



Life in the Trollsim home goes on much like any family. Noel has been busy with her art and just in the nick of time completed her Artistic Prodigy Aspiration. She worked through most of the night to complete it thanks to a sleep replacement potion. Most of her artwork was proudly displayed on the walls in her room, along with some of her favorite paintings by her mother. 


"Mom! Tomorrow is Noel’s birthday. We are going to spend the day playing together, she said we could play all day! She’s so cool! She knows so many of your stories and I can’t wait to play with the doll house with her! Can we surprise her with a birthday cake, I’ll keep her busy so she doesn’t know anything about it while you bake her a cake!"
"That sounds like a wonderful idea, I would love to have your help." Cassiel and Jolene were now very good friends.


The girls were looking forward to the next day, Noel would finally be a teen and was looking forward to heading to high school on Monday. Jolene was thrilled that it was still the weekend and she could spend the day hanging out with her big sis.


“I can’t believe our little girl is going to be a teen tomorrow, it seems like just yesterday we were changing diapers and washing bottles,” Casseil said with a sigh.
“I have been so lucky to have you and so are they! You’ve been the best mom and wife, I couldn’t ask for anything more. We may not be ready for Noel to age up, but I know she sure is! She’s ready to take on the world, and now that she has completed her aspiration she is more than ready to move on to the next life stage,“ Trevor replied.
“That is true, she sure is confident in herself, which is all I could ask for! I’m feeling pretty confident myself, what do you say we move this into the bedroom, the girls are fast asleep, a freight train running through their room wouldn’t wake them up.” Casseil said in her best flirty voice.
“You always know just what I want, before I do,” Trevor said with a wink.


The next morning Noel was the first one up. She was up even before the sun. As she sat down to a bowl of salad Jolene came out to join her. 


“You didn’t wake me up! I want us to spend the whole day together, since you probably won’t want to do kids stuff much after tonight it’s our last day to just hang out.” Jolene said as she grabbed herself a bowl too.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t forget, I was just so excited about all the stuff we have planned today. So what do you want to do first?” Noel asked her.


“We can play tag outside, then rest upside down on the monkey bars. Then maybe collect a few fossils and gems, you like doing that don’t you?


Then when we are tired of running around we can have the brave troll rescue the princess from the tower of the evil king’s castle! What do you think, did I forget anything?


Oh wow, that sounds like the best day ever! I’m so glad we are sisters!


The girls did everything they could outside until they were tired and hot and ready for a few hours of make believe in front of their dollhouse.


“Help me, somebody, anybody, please rescue me from this castle! I don’t want to marry the evil king, even if that would make me Queen of the land. Oh won’t someone please rescue me? She gazed out her window but saw no one for miles around, only a little bird singing in a nearby apple tree. It all seemed hopeless for the princess, and time was running out, she had a week to decide to marry the evil King or he would send his army to destroy her father's realm.

Far, far away a young and brave troll prince was checking the borders of his father’s kingdom. It was his responsibility to see to the safety of the northern border. He was just about to return home when a blue bird flew by and landed in the tree beside him. “Hello little blue bird, what brings you so far south?”

“Kindly troll, I bring word from the northern most kingdom, the Princess of Laughter has been captured by the evil King of the Dark Realm. He is going to force her to marry him so he can take over her father’s kingdom! She calls for help from any brave knight or prince, and swears she will marry the brave soul who rescues her.”


The troll prince had heard of the Princess of Laughter, and the Evil King was his greedy great Uncle. He was once a valiant troll prince himself, but a dark spell corrupted his heart and now he sought to wipe out all happiness everywhere. The good prince knew he must save the princess and he set off immediately. He traveled for three days and nights for his uncle's kingdom was far to the north and over the mountains. Soon he was at the edge of the kingdom. The blue bird had stayed with him and was his eyes in the sky, flying ahead to scout out and warn him of dangers. The good prince was very tired, trolls can travel very far without stopping, but even a troll must rest once in a while. The prince knew he needed to rescue the princess that night but he also needed to regain some strength. He sent the blue bird to her with a message, and then found a safe cave nearby to rest in.

“Princess, I am the troll Prince of the Southern Realm, this little blue bird brought me news of your plight and at midnight I will find my way into the castle to rescue you.” The bird told her. “The good price is resting, he traveled three days and three nights without stopping to get here and he is tired and hungry, he didn’t stop for anything but water and ate the few berries and fruits he could find as he ran.”


“My, what a brave prince he is, I have heard of his father and their kingdom of light! Little blue bird, take him this special berry, it will relieve all of his hunger and weariness, and enhance his sight so that he may see in even the darkest of places. I have made a friend in the kitchen, she will put a special onion in the king's dinner tonight that will make him sleep deeper than normal, along with his guard so that he may sneak in easily. Tell him that I am locked in the highest tower, and the door is enchanted, only a few people in the king’s employment can go through it, but I cannot.”

"Oh Noel that’s the best story ever! But if neither of them can go through the door how will he rescue her?"
"Well, what do you think? That is all I have so far, why don’t you help me come up with the rest of the story and we rescue the princess together?"
Jolene thought for a moment, “Hmmm well if he can’t come through the door then he will have to come through the window, he’s strong and can climb up, but he can’t climb down with her, he’s strong and brave, but that is just too much for a princess, climbing down a tower in the middle of the night.”
"That’s what I was thinking, so we need a way for them both to get out of the tower safely, this is where I got stuck too, but I’m sure we can think of something."
"Oh oh oh! I’ve got it! The blue bird!"
"What about the blue bird? No don’t tell me, just tell the story it will be better that way!"


The little blue bird flew back to the young troll prince with the magical berry in his beak. It was a magical blackberry. He woke the prince and gave him the princess’s message. The prince looked at the blackberry and took one small berry from it and offered the rest of it to the blue bird. “My friend, I know you have traveled farther than I these few days, and you have helped me on my journey, take this berry and refresh yourself, I know you must be as tired as I am!" The blue bird chirruped and fluffed his feathers, “Thank you kind prince for your generosity, I will forever be your friend, your kindness has earned my loyalty and you may now know my secret.” The little blue bird shook his feathers stretched up his neck, and stretched out his wings. He began to shimmer and in the light the prince thought he began to grow, but no I’m just tired and I’m seeing things. He blinked and rubbed his eyes and when he looked again the blue bird had grown into a giant bird, large enough for a man to be carried on his back.
The prince stood there in awe, he had heard of the great blue bird, but thought it was just a myth, or that he was long gone from this world. The prince knelt before the great bird, "Oh mighty king of all the creatures of the sky, I am honored to meet you, and I will be your humble servant all the days of my life.”
“My dear friend, you do not need to serve me, you have shown me that you have a pure and true heart and have placed my well being above your own already, I will gladly ally with you in friendship and as equals, you needn’t serve me, but work with me to restore balance to all of our kingdoms.”
And with that they flew to the castle and saved the princess from the evil king. 


"Wow Jolene that was amazing! That was the bestest story ever. I love how the blue bird was a great magical creature! You totally should be a writer like dad when you grow up! Kids everywhere will love your stories!"

"Awe thanks sis, I couldn’t have done it without your great story either, so I say we work together to tell magical stories."



© 2015 Simbody72

2 comments:

  1. I love this legacy so much. I love legacies, but legacies with a good plot behind them are even better. Keep up the amazing work! I can't wait to see Noel as a teenager! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love reading legacies too. I'm not usually up to writing about them though. This time I wanted something that would actually get me really into the family and characters instead of just rushing through each generation. My youngest and I came up with the initial theme so when I get really stuck I consult her before I continue :)

      Delete